This online app supports the mission to help dog/cat lovers discover rescue organizations.
Design a contest ~ to get all the Rescues & Shelters to enter and ‘pit’ against each other. The contest shall be launched on the company’s official homepage.
Requirements & Expectations
- Use existing website architecture, to program the contest as a WordPress plugin.
- Rescues & Shelters begin participation as ‘contestant’ using an online form to submit their entry in its entirety consisting of contact details, short essay and organization logo.
- Equip contestants to share their entry with a personalized link through several social media outlets.
- Contain the entire contest into a single landing page for contestants and voters.
- Show the Rescues/Shelters that have signed up for the contest & how many votes they have every day.
- Used existing website architecture, I programmed the WordPress plugin in procedual form.
- Public form collects contestant’s contact details and allows the upload of a logo/image; if no image is provided, one image is chosen automatically for the contestant from five predetermined images.
- Each contestant entry is submitted to the website as ‘pending’ and then the contestant can share through Email, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter and Google.
- The contest landing page features from top to bottom:
- Save A Rescue Logo
- Facebook Like Button for Save A Rescue Official Facebook Page
- ‘Contest’ Banner
- The contest’s featured image (configured from WordPress back-end)
- Social Media buttons
- Contestant entry form
- Numeric tabs for navigating through all entries (max 40 per page)
- The participating contestants with number of existing votes and a vote button
- Footer showing contest sponsor, official rules and LUCS plug (all configurable in the WordPress back-end)
- Facebook Like button for the current contest
- Cookieless measure for preventing vote manipulation
- Mobile-first design (responsive) ~ screen resolutions >1600px
New Contest Plugin